Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mock You! (and Joel too)

Mock Drafts that Mock People – Joel

Note: All comments are written as if Joel was responding to his draft picks.

C – Benito Santiago (See yesterday’s blog for background on Santiago.)

“That “Jbrocato” kid seems like he knows what he’s talking about.”

1B – Ryan Howard

“Is he good?”

2B – Carlos Febles

“He had a 68 OPS+ in 2000. That’s good, right?”

3B – Garrett Atkins (keeper)

“Wait, he was drafted? CRAP!”

SS – Adam Everett

“My friend told me he was really good on defense. Defense wins championships.”

LF – Matt Holiday

“Screw Curtis Granderson or Troy Tulowitzki, I’d rather have the guy who is not going to be as good as last season in a deep position.”

CF – Joey Gathright

“I wish I would have kept Granderson…”

RF – Juan Encarnacion

“Hey, I’m allowed to have one Cardinal. He’s going to have a breakout season. You watch.”

SP – Josh Beckett (keeper)

“At least I know he wasn’t drafted. He was? CRAP!”

CL – Jason Isringhausen

“Okay, so I lied about the one Cardinal thing, but he’s going to be good if he stays healthy.”

No comments: