Friday, March 14, 2008

Mock yeah! (and Erik too)

Mock Drafts that Mock People – Erik

Note: All comments are written as if Erik was responding to his draft picks.

C – Matt Wieters

“At 6’6”, I don’t know if he’ll actually be a catcher when he makes it to the big leagues. Then again, Joe Mauer is 6’5” and he’s a catcher in the bigs so it’s possible. But Mauer does have a slightly better arm and pop time than Wieters.”

1B – Andy LaRoche

“I still can’t believe he was drafted in the 39th round. Why can’t the Royals do that? Allard Baird would have drafted him.”

2B – Jose Offerman

“He had a .315 batting average and .403 on-base percentage in 1998. His defensive skills are concerning, but this is fantasy baseball so it doesn’t really bother me.”

3B – Evan Longoria

“This kid is going to be a stud. I bet he has a better season his rookie year than Alex Gordon did. What was Dayton Moore thinking saying he was “big league ready” last year. Moore is terrible. Longoria has a plus bat and power and I think he will be this year’s Ryan Braun in that young talented Rays lineup.”

SS – Elvis Andrus

“I don’t put much stock into Baseball America’s rankings, but the Rays have four of the Top 20 prospects according to BA and Reid Brignac isn’t one of them. I debated between Brignac and Andrus (who is in the Rangers system), and settled on Andrus because Texas has a better hitter’s park and he’s only 19. Plus, the guy’s name is Elvis.”

LF – Ryan Braun (keeper)

“Braun being moved to the outfield is going to hurt his fantasy value a little bit. But with this roster, I think I’ll be just fine.”

CF – Cameron Maybin

“I’m not really high on Maybin, but I wouldn’t have traded him for Dontrelle Willis. Detroit is getting old at the corner outfield position and I think they are going to regret trading him. They did get Miguel Cabrera though.”

RF – Jay Bruce

“I can’t believe Dayton Moore didn’t draft this guy. How could you not see his potential? He’s 20 years old a major league ready! Gee, the Royals couldn’t use a power corner outfield bat could they? Allard Baird would have drafted him.”

SP – Tim Lincecum (keeper)

“His arm is probably going to fall off in three years given how small he is, but he’s still really good. Did you know Moore took Luke Hochevar over him? Yeah, Baird would not have made that mistake. I might as well start calling Dayton ‘King Carl Part II’ for all the terrible talent evaluation decisions he’s made. Speaking of the Chiefs, they should draft Joe Staley.”

CL – Joe Staley

“I will do what the Chiefs would not: Draft the best offensive lineman in the history of football.”

No comments: