Wednesday, June 6, 2007

“A Look from the Bottom…Up”


Best fight scene ever...or maybe the funniest fight scene ever...or maybe just a fight scene...something like that anyway.

Joel Schilb, owner of the Pansies - err..Schilbies - has joined the blogging fun with a post of his own.


Enjoy...


His words are after the jump.


**********


Now that we are finally deep into the season we’ve finally figured out which teams are good which team is the Schilbies. I don’t understand why my team sucks so much. I have a stacked line-up. Really, I do.

Schilbies Starters

C- Joe Mauer

1B- Justin Morneau

2B- Brian Roberts

3B- Miguel Cabrera

SS- Edgar Renteria

LF- Carlos Lee

CF- Torii Hunter

RF- Shawn Green

I don’t know of any Major League manager that wouldn’t take this team in a heartbeat, therefore I don’t know why I lose every week. Unless I’m playing an equally bad team, Royals/Cubs (who now has a better record than me) I lose. And I don’t even remember the other team I beat. Sorry, I’m sure I didn’t deserve that win. You can have it.

I always have at least one guy a day with 8+ points, and I probably average nearly 25 points offensively everyday. Now to some of you this is nothing huge because some of you do that with both offense and pitching. Thus… my problem.

I can’t pitch.

Growing up I could throw fast, but never a Jake Peavy. I was a great highschool 6th man in the rotation, if you will. but for the most part during high school I was a catcher… no gay jokes please, Andrew… So I think this is God’s way of reassuring my inability to throw strikes.

Well here are a few helpful hints when playing Fantasy Baseball. In fact, here are a few helpful hints of what NOT to do when playing Fantasy Baseball.

Schilbies’ Top 10- - - -what not to do’s

10. Don’t draft Anthony Reyes just because he’s a Cardinal.

9. Don’t have 4 second-basemen on your team: no one will trade for them, even if their only second-baseman is on the DL.

8. Draft a real DH. Excuse me… DRAFT a DH.

7. Take Barry Bonds if he’s offered to you, wait… no. Keep Carlos Lee because Carlos Lee doesn’t suck.

6. Don’t draft Anthony Reyes just because you think he’s going to have a ‘break out year.’

5. Don’t make any trade offers on Cole Hamels (Ben sucks), C.C. Sabathia (Zou you too), or Jake Peavy (KC, I didn’t even bother asking, so I don’t know if you suck or not) These teams don’t like good hitters.

4. Figure out a way so that both Lackey and Smoltz can pitch everyday.

3. Don’t draft Anthony Reyes. He Sucks and doesnt win games before he gets sent back to the minors.

2. Don’t call your team name gay Schilbies.

.

.

.

1. Don’t be a Royals fan. The only good thing I’ve done all season I suppose...

I’m far enough into the season to know my fate. I’m not upset about it, in fact, fantasy baseball is the best time waster ever, but I’ve just decided I’m going to hoard the keeper players I have from the contending teams. Sounds fun. Unless you wanna break down and offer up some pitching, no Cabrera, no Mauer, no Morneau, and no Lee.

Happy Trading

Go Cardinals!

1 comment:

Blown Save said...

Oh Joel...silly you and your thinking that the worst thing in the world is to be a Royals fan.